Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thank you For Smoking

Thank you for Smoking
No I'm not telling you to light up a cigarette lol. I have to talk about this film. This was a great laugh about a serious subject and still learn something from it. I will admit I use to smoke many many MANY eons ago, and since I quit I have taken a strict please don't smoke around me policy, and if you are a good friend of mine and I find you smoking I will often hound you to stop. However this film really put a new twist on smoking. They don't lie about it or anything, they don't make smoking seem like something that is now healthy, and they give more credit to people in general. It really has more then anything to do with the choices that people make, and the choices that are made for them. It's also about the relationship of the lobbyist and the U.S. government, what they choose to show us and many things they choose not to. One of my favorite parts of this film would actually have to be a the most inventive way to use the cigarette patches that I've ever seen (not going to tell you it will completely ruin it if I do). The acting is this film is some of best I've seen from films this year and yet there aren't really any big names in this. Aaron Eckhart is great at being the loving father that is honest with his son and yet still a tobacco lobbyist that can make you feel guilty for questioning smoking. Cameron Bright plays the son that loves his dad and actually thinks of his dad as some kind of hero for making him think about things in stead of accepting things they way they are handed to him. William H. Macy is a congressman that is tough on tobacco, but not to bright. And Rob Lowe is a film guy that is going to help to put cigarettes back in film. There were truly shocking moments in this film to things that had you laughing so hard you find yourself crying. I can give this nothing but an A+. However I will ad this I don't think it's for young children to watch and have them get the idea that smoking is cool. Just my little thought on it.


http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thankyouforsmoking/ us site

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427944/ imdb

No comments: