Friday, November 7, 2008

Batman Begins

Loved this movie. When it comes to Batman movies this might be one of my favourite ever. I have to say I still love the Michael Keaton Batman's but this brought something different, something darker more like what I think Batman is really suppose to be like. Including back story for characters (especially superheros) really seems to make the viewer feel as if they are part of the whole movie experience. In this film we not only get back story on Bruce Wayne but just about everyone around him too. The acting in this film is really very good with Christian Bale doing one of the best performances of his career so far. I did have one small problem with this film and it was the voice change of Bruce Wayne to Batman. I can understand that in some ways it is just another part of his disguise but I felt if that were the case there would be no need for it when he was alone with Alfred. While this is not a film I would take very young children to it is one that just about everyone in the family could enjoy. Over all this is a great film and I give this an A.
My review for Dark Knight should be posted Monday night. Have a great weekend all.

http://www2.warnerbros.com/batmanbegins/index.html
U.S. site

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/batmanbegins/
U.K. site

http://www2.warnerbros.com/batmanbegins/index.html
French site

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mac~Mar:

I was not really to big of a fan of this movie. The voice change of Bruce to Batman was to obvious, and at some points annoying. The only thing i really liked about this movie was the end when i knew the Joker would come out in the sequal, and...well maybe only one thing. Defently not better then the first 2 Micheal Keaton batmans.