Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bedtime Stories

In one of my last reviews of an Adam Sandler film I had mentioned that films produced by Sandler seem to have a formula that is often the same but with different story lines. Bedtime Stories is no different, yet still again another really likable movie. Many of Sandlers films in the past have been movies made for grown ups that children can see and still enjoy, this one however is a film made for children that grown ups can see and have a good time at. So what is this film about? Well if you have seen any of the previews you have a pretty good idea on a lot of it with a couple added little things that you might not be aware of. First off I was under the impression Skeeter (Sandler) was visiting his niece and nephew a few nights in a row not that he was watching them for nights in a row. Secondly I didn't realize Bugsy (the guinea pig) was going to be as important to the over all story as he was but many times Bugsy stole the show. While the acting is not top notch for the season it is par for the course on Sandler films and I overall enjoyed this film. The only reason this film doesn't get a higher rating is because of the acting. I give this film an A-.
I would also suggest that if you have children take them to see this film, nobody will be bored and you will be in out of the rain.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/bedtimestories/
main website

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960731/
IMDB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

~Mac-Mar~

I agree. This movie made me laugh cry sing...you name it..it did it! Adam Sandler scores again. I think these bed time stories were some of his child hood stories haha. He has a great imagination. Two thumbs up!