Saturday, January 17, 2009

Haunted Honeymoon

Campy, silly, and not a great storyline, still all in all a good film. You really need to be the type of person to enjoy the campy stuff but if you are and haven't seen this you need to rent it NOW!!! Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner play an engaged couple going to his family's estate while he seems to be going through pre-wedding jitters, so parts of his family feel the best thing to do is to scare him in to it. Not really sure how else to put the over all plot but I will say it's an odd one. There is also one scene that truly makes the whole film worth watching. Dom De Luise (playing aunt Kate) and Gilda Radner do a song and dance number that is so extremely funny I'm not sure it could be put in to words. I'll say right now I love these types of films and well it may not be Oscar material it is a film that gets an A from me. Check it out for a good laugh just don't take it too seriously.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091178/
IMDB

In the next week I will be seeing the following films please look for these reviews

The Wrestler
Frost/Nixon
Milk
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Grand Torino

No comments: