Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

Starting off having to say sorry for not posting Friday. No internet access = no signing in for post. Not that I didn't think of you all I just couldn't say anything.

That said on to business.

To be honest when I first heard about the making of this film I was not happy. I love all the Alice in Wonderland's I grew up with. From the Disney animated to the, 1949, and 1985, even a few I haven't mentioned. But I also thought this was a story that has been told quite enough and if we feel the need to relive it we can watch one of those. In short I was wrong. True we do have the same characters, and we do go to the same place but this is a grown up Alice, with grown up problems in the real world. There is many things from the original story still in here but with more sense to a non-sensible world. In many ways the story is the same yet completely different. If you have seen the film I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about and if you haven't you aren't going to truly understand that unless you see the film.
Acting, well what can you really say with this cast other then they were all amazing, however with this cast that shouldn't really be all that surprising. I will say I'm still waiting for the day that Helena Bonham Carter really gets some credit from general public and not just filmies like me, and critics. She is truly one of the most unappreciated actresses in modern times.
This is yet another film I'm giving an A to. I can't really give it an A+ though because when I was done watching this film it didn't really stay with me like Inception or Black Swan did. I really liked this film and I would say see it if you get a chance to see it take it.

Official Site
http://adisney.go.com/disneypictures/aliceinwonderland/

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

No comments: