Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Elizabethtown

I thought this was a really sweet movie that wasn't nearly as predictable as I thought it was going to be. From the previews I saw it looked like boys father dies, boy meets girl, boy buries father, boy loses girl, and boy gets girl back. This film is really more then that. I is about the self discovery of one persons journey when he happens to fall for a woman on the way to take care of things for his father who had just passed away. The woman is played by Kirsten Dunst who is not the typical romantic comedy female but someone that can really walk away from the situation and make the new man in her life (Orlando Bloom) see things about him self. Most romantic comedies I find focus a lot on the couple and less of the individuals, however in this one because one of them is dealing with a death in the family they really at times seem to focus more on the abstract of the couple idea and much more on the individuals. I really thought this was well acted, directed, and written. There is time for laughing, crying, and shock in this film and it still has you leaving it feeling good. I give this film an A.

http://www.elizabethtown.com/home.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368709/

No comments: