Friday, August 24, 2007

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

A very funny movie. There were a few times that I was laughing so hard during this that I was almost in tears. The acting is good, the storyline believable, and the ending was good but not sappy just nice. If you are looking for a good date film I would say this one would be great for that. Still it does have a few sexist jokes so that when the character changes you can really see some of them. I give this film an A.
I will say however that I have noticed Adam Sandler seems to have a specific formula for his comedies. They seem to start with him playing either a misunderstood guy, a jerk, or a bit of a loser. Often in the first little part you will have some fart jokes or something along that line. Then we have some issue that arises where his character feels the need to take care of it. Many times along the issue he meets a pretty woman he falls in love with, and will often fall for him. The end of the movie has a nice sweet ending.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this formula, not only does it work but most of his films are still clean enough for the whole family to see. After a while they do seem a little predictable though.
Anyone else have an opinion on this?

http://www.chuckandlarry.com/index.php

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762107/

No comments: