Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gasland

This is a documentary about the evils of mining natural gas and what it does to the people around it. I personally find it very difficult to review documentaries as really the only thing that really should be done is to report on it not give opinion, when that is really what a review is in many ways.
So taking opinion out of this I do think it is an important film to see. Not only do we get the information about what is happening to the water of the people around the mining but we see how that affects everyone. I never would have thought about how a river in Georgia could have anything to do with what I have coming out of the faucet here in California. When shown a map of all the rivers, and streams really connect in the end. Now I'm not saying all the water over there ends up over here, no what I am saying is just a simple it is all connected, just like we as people are all connected in some way or another. It is important to know how, and why people are being hurt, so that we may be able to stop it from happening anymore, and avoid it for our friends and family.

I give this film an A.

Official site
http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

No comments: