Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Inception

If this review were a letter to a person in stead of being a blog/article, it would be a thank you letter to Christopher Nolan. Every film he has done is mesmerising, thought provoking, and yet comes from something simple. The idea of going in to another persons dream isn't new. We have seen it in movies before with sci-fi movies like Dreamscape, and the horror movies of Nightmare on Elm St movies. Still taking this idea and turning it into something really new. Not only is this an action film, but it is a film about moving on in life when needed, always willing to let yourself dream big, and not giving up. It is odd that I should see two movies so close together that would blur the line of reality, and dream world so much, however in this film you do often get a moment to realize when that is going to happen. I'm sure by now you have noticed that I still haven't said much about the overall storyline. Well other than saying this is an action film you really need to figure out what this movie was for you. I guess at the basis you can say plant an idea and see where it goes.
Lets talk for a moment about the acting shall we. Personally I felt all of the acting in this was stellar. This all-star cast did not disappoint, and even surprised me a little. While I have always been a fan of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I don't think this level of action was required of him until this. I can't imagine at this point how great the acting is by the men nominated for Academy Awards Best Supporting Actor but it makes me want to see them all that much more if they somehow did a better job. I can truly say that I loved every bit of acting in this film, and that includes the very important extras. So often people are put in the back round and just told to be, here they are a true part of the story.
This review is kind of all over the place and I do know that, I that is large in part because the film itself it all over the place. However the film does come to a point just as this review does, so here goes. I give this film and A+.

I will add however this is not a film to see when you can't give it your full attention. Don't drink anything before you have to watch this so you end up having to take a bathroom break, don't eat, don't cuddle while watching it, nothing don't do anything other then have your eyes on the screen because if you don't you will miss something. Also if I had the chance I would have gone out with a friend afterward to talk about this one.
Thank you again Mr. Nolan for this wonderful work of art.

Official site
http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/dvd/

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/

No comments: