Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Kids Are All Right

Short review here since there is really not much to say. This is just a really good film that has to do with life. I know some people might want to put this in the drama category, or the comedy category, I've even heard the dramady category get mentioned every now and again about this film. I think the dramady might be the closest because that is really the best way to describe life. This movie is really just all the relationships we have in our lives, the love relationships, the parent child relationship, and best friend relationship.
I don't think I should really need to mention how wonderful the acting is in this as it does star some greats like Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, and Mark Ruffalo. I the acting done Josh Hutcherson, and Mia Wasikowska was really well done. I had never seen Wasikowska in Alice in Wonderland, and had never seen Hutcherson however after seeing their performances in this I went and looked them up in IMDB and have found a few movies to add to my Netflix queue.
I will say there are a few sex scenes in this and some small amount of drug use, this may not be the film to see for your next family film night, it would however be a great date night and talk about it after movie.
I give this film an A.

Official site
http://filminfocus.com/the_kids_are_all_right

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0842926/

No comments: