Friday, October 17, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

DISAPPOINTED!!!
I wont say I've been looking forward to this film since Last Crusade came out but I will say that it was a few years ago that I heard the official word that there was going to be another Indian Jones and so yes I did start to look forward to this film. In the end I found it should have stopped with 3. For this film it was almost like they had lost any original thought. The whole chase in the jungle was the speeder chase from Return of the Jedi, the ship at the end looked exactly the same as close in counters of the 3rd kind, and most of the storyline seemed like a bad combination of the first 3 Indiana Jones movies. If these were the only things wrong with this film I might have been able to give it a slightly better grade, however to top it all off during the chase on the jeeps in the jungle there are several times you see what looks like concrete flooring with branches thrown over it. This film had one redeeming quality to it, the acting. Most of the actors in this were par for their careers Cate Blanchett on the other hand was amazing. In the end this film gets a D+ from me. I can only hope that if this is the kind of road they were planning on taking with the Indiana Jones films that they have decided to stop here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/
IMDB
(the official site doesn't seem to be working at the moment)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mac~Mar

I agree, this movie sucks old man testicles! I have never seen any of the other Indiana Jones, and unfortuently for this movie. I will not be seeing any of the other ones!

Anonymous said...

I totally disagree. I think it fit right in with the spirit of the rest of the Indiana Jones series. Yes there were moments that were corny and maybe a bit campy but what Indiana Jones film doesn't have those. I escpecially loved the introduction of Indie's son played by Shia LeBeouf. His character was priceless, a good casting match, and totally adorable. I also thought his acting was pretty good in this one. Though there was nothing oscar-worthy about this film, the same could be said of all the films in this series. Still while it is not one of the greatest or even one of the greats in film history, it is a good film and deserves a much higher grade in my opinion. It has lived up to the reputation of the previous Indiana Jones films. If you go into this film expecting silver screen greatness well then of course your going to be disappointed.