Friday, October 3, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Having seen the play it is hard to keep them separate, however for the purpose of this review that is when I'm going to attempt to do. This is a film that has all the great music of ABBA (yes I'm an ABBA fan), with the picturesque backdrop of Greece, and the fun of a musical. While this is an overall fun film it is also a film that really only had a few people that could sing, dance, and act. The women of Mamma Mia! really seem to have that down great, the men however were really good in one maybe 2 areas but would just not be able to do everything. I would have to say that the whole films looks like the cast and crew had a great time making this movie and that does help to make it fun for the people watching. Still because enough of the cast didn't really have the ability to pull off everything that needed to be done I give this film a B.

http://www.mammamiamovie.com/
U.S. site

http://www.mamma-mia-themovie.co.uk/
U.K. site

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795421/
imdb

1 comment:

Wren said...

I have to say I loved this film not only for the music(also an ABBA fan)but for the fact that it left me feeling totally upbeat. While it is true that Pierce Brosnan is no singer, his effort in this film as so totally adorable. You could tell he was really trying. But then it is Pierce Brosnan we're talking about. He just has to stand there and look sexy. . .he has no problem doing that. The fact that the entire cast, even the extra's, looked like they were having the time of their lives really made this film for me. Personally this film would get an A++ from me. It is one I will end up owning one day and could watch a hundred times and never tire of seeing.