Monday, October 20, 2008

Tropic Thunder

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at some things that are so gross. This film starts at what you think is going to be the extreme and then takes it another 10 steps. So when I saw this I was with a friend who hated this film, not seeing the humour in the decapitation, or the obvious fake body parts flying in the background. Personally I loved it because it all looked like it was suppose to be fake because that is what so much of Hollywood is. If you want to take the political road this film is all about how studios will do anything to make them selves look good while screwing over the next guy. However if you just want to go for face value of what the film is about, it's about 5 actors getting dropped in the middle of the jungle for the purpose of making a realistic war movie. Still all in all I laughed continuously, often thought things were disgusting, and loved every second of the dialog and story. I give this film an A. I highly recommend this film for a good laugh.

http://www.tropicthunder.com/
U.S. site

http://www.tropicthunder.com/intl/fr/
French site

http://www.shijosaitei.jp/
Japanese site

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942385/
IMDB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mac~Mar

This movie also made me look the other say at some points. It was a sick twisted comedy. Panda bears, and throwing little asian childern off bridges are funny. I dont care. Wish you would of made a comment about Tom Cuises role. It was small but he was great!

Anonymous said...

Loved it!!! I was rolling during the whole movie. I also understood that this was more of a spoof movie making fun of themselves and how big time hollywood is at time. Other than that this movie had it all. humor, action, love story, although the little boy ended up trying to kill Stillers character. I still think the best lines of the movies was from Downey Jr. character. "I'm a dude, dressed like a dude playing another dude, " I know I messed the line up, but still cracks me up. I think for people who have not seen it or did not like it, will need to remove their brain and not take this movie serious and than they would probably enjoy it...