Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

I wish I hadn't waited so long to see this film. From the start all the way through you are laughing at one thing or another. While on the surface this looks like a typical big guy picking on the little guy film with a lot of physical comedy thrown in, and it is. However it also has back round storyline of not giving up in life or the, general difficult situations, and love. Vince Vaughn does a great job at playing the good guy but still kind of a loser, while Ben Stiller seems to be playing a slightly (and I do mean slightly) smarter and meaner version of his character Derek Zoolander in the film Zoolander. The brightest star of the film for me was however not one of the main characters but one of the smallest supporting characters. Pepper Brooks played by Jason Bateman was so off the wall that I found my self waiting for his next line. There are few movies in the past few years that have made me laugh this much and had this much heart. If you are in the need of a really good laugh and enjoy physical comedy this is a great film for you.
I give this film an A.

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364725/

No comments: